Sensorion is a pioneering clinical-stage biotech company, which specializes in the development of novel therapies to restore, treat and prevent within the field of hearing loss disorders. Its clinical-stage portfolio includes one Phase 2 product: SENS-401 (Arazasetron) for sudden sensorineural hearing loss (SSNHL).
Sensorion has built a unique R&D technology platform to expand its understanding of the pathophysiology and etiology of inner ear related diseases enabling it to select the best targets and modalities for drug candidates.
The Company is also working on the identification of biomarkers to improve diagnosis of these underserved illnesses. Sensorion has launched in the second half of 2019 two preclinical gene therapy programs aiming at correcting hereditary monogenic forms of deafness including Usher Type 1 and deafness caused by a mutation of the gene encoding for Otoferlin.
The Company is uniquely placed through its platforms and pipeline of potential therapeutics to make a lasting positive impact on hundreds of thousands of people with inner ear related disorders; a significant global unmet medical need.
In order to strengthen the Analytical Development team, the CMC department is recruiting a Analytical Development Scientist F/M based in Montpellier.
The Analytical Development Scientist F/M will play a key role in the implementation and development of analytical methods for the characterization AAV vector or release testing of GMP production, under the supervision of the Head of CMC Gene Therapy, in compliance with quality procedures, health and safety rules, budget and deadlines. The position is based in Montpellier.
- Develop and qualify analytical methods;
- Design, organize, execute or supervise experiments, manage data;
- Write study protocols and reports, present data internally;
- Write or supervise SOP;
- Manage projects to improve the efficiency and productivity of the department;
- Participate in the tech transfer to CDMO/CRO, review GMP documentation;
- Participate in the general operation of the laboratory: purchasing, management, health & safety, in the quality assurance system.
- Educational background in biology biotechnology, biochemical engineering or related (MSc or PhD);
- A minimum of 3 years in the field of Gene Therapy (AAV vectors) and in the development, validation of analytical methods
- Molecular biology (qPCR, RT-qPCR, ELISA, Western Blot) and cellular biology
- Rigorous, autonomous, motivated, organization skills;
- Ability to work within a team and project group;
- Notion of GLP and QA system;
- Good written and spoken in French and English.