Sensorion is a pioneering clinical-stage biotech company, which specializes in the development of novel therapies to restore, treat and prevent hearing loss disorders, a significant global unmet medical need.
Sensorion has built a unique R&D technology platform to expand its understanding of the pathophysiology and etiology of inner ear related diseases, enabling it to select the best targets and modalities for drug candidates. Its portfolio combines both small molecule programs and a preclinical portfolio of inner ear gene therapies.
Its clinical-stage portfolio includes one Phase 2 product: SENS-401 (Arazasetron) progressing in a planned Phase 2 Proof of Concept clinical study of SENS-401 in Cisplatin-Induced Ototoxicity (CIO) and, with partner Cochlear Limited, a study of SENS-401 in patients scheduled for cochlear implantation.
Sensorion has entered into a broad strategic collaboration with Institut Pasteur focused on the genetics of hearing. It has two gene therapy programs aimed at correcting hereditary monogenic forms of deafness including deafness caused by a mutation of the gene encoding for Otoferlin, and hearing loss related to mutation in GJB2 gene to potentially address important hearing loss segments in adults and children. The Company is also working on the identification of biomarkers to improve diagnosis of these underserved illnesses.
In order to strengthen the Analytical Development team, the CMC department is recruiting a Analytical Development Scientist F/M based in Montpellier.
The Analytical Development Scientist F/M will play a key role in the implementation and development of analytical methods for the characterization AAV vector or release testing of GMP production, under the supervision of the Head of CMC Gene Therapy, in compliance with quality procedures, health and safety rules, budget and deadlines. The position is based in Montpellier.
- Develop and qualify analytical methods;
- Design, organize, execute or supervise experiments, manage data;
- Write study protocols and reports, present data internally;
- Write or supervise SOP;
- Manage projects to improve the efficiency and productivity of the department;
- Participate in the tech transfer to CDMO/CRO, review GMP documentation;
- Participate in the general operation of the laboratory: purchasing, management, health & safety, in the quality assurance system.
- Educational background in biology biotechnology, biochemical engineering or related (MSc or PhD);
- A minimum of 3 years in the field of Gene Therapy (AAV vectors) and in the development, validation of analytical methods
- Molecular biology (qPCR, RT-qPCR, ELISA, Western Blot) and cellular biology
- Rigorous, autonomous, motivated, organization skills;
- Ability to work within a team and project group;
- Notion of GLP and QA system;
- Good written and spoken in French and English.