Sensorion is a pioneering clinical-stage biotech company, which specializes in the development of novel therapies to restore, treat and prevent within the field of hearing loss disorders. Its clinical-stage portfolio includes one Phase 2 product: SENS-401 (Arazasetron) for sudden sensorineural hearing loss (SSNHL).
Sensorion has built a unique R&D technology platform to expand its understanding of the pathophysiology and etiology of inner ear related diseases enabling it to select the best targets and modalities for drug candidates.
The Company is also working on the identification of biomarkers to improve diagnosis of these underserved illnesses. Sensorion has launched in the second half of 2019 two preclinical gene therapy programs aiming at correcting hereditary monogenic forms of deafness including Usher Type 1 and deafness caused by a mutation of the gene encoding for Otoferlin.
The Company is uniquely placed through its platforms and pipeline of potential therapeutics to make a lasting positive impact on hundreds of thousands of people with inner ear related disorders; a significant global unmet medical need.
Reporting to the CFO, the Financial Controller will collaborate in the finance department to the company’s growth and future funding rounds.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for all reporting activities, including accounting review, budget process and internal + external reporting, in accordance with internal procedures that will be required to be optimized.
He/She will be in charge of reviewing cash report, preparing quarterly financial reporting (challenging actual figures versus budget) and manage preparation of IFRS and statutory financial statements.
Accounting closing are quarterly for internal reporting purposes and twice a year for external communications to the market.
He/She is based in Paris as a permanent employee (CDI).
- Review accounting records and operations for accounts payable/receivable, treasury, payroll, tax including VAT, capital expenditures, general ledger,…
- Ensure expenses recognition including cut-off especially for R&D costs in accordance with contracts terms
- Work jointly with Accounting Manager for purchase process from procurement to payment in order to ensure segregation of duties
- Comply with French accounting rules and IFRS GAAP
- Monitor and analyse accounting on a monthly basis
- Manage communication with any third party to which some finance functions are outsourced as payroll, tax and Research Tax Credit (CIR), IFRS and yearly and semi-yearly financials
- Facilitate auditors requests by providing necessary information as needed
- Collaborate and review draft of IFRS and statutory financial statements
- Ensuring compliance with regulations (Euronext Growth requirements, AMF,…)
- Prepare budget in coordination with all managers on a yearly basis and reforecast once or twice a year if necessary
- Perform detailed financial analysis per nature, per functions and per projects
- Ensure all financial information reported is strictly in line with the accounting records
- Manage monthly cash report and quarterly reporting with Accounting manager
- Analysing financial data actual versus reporting
- Challenge budget with actual figures
- Participate in the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop performance measures, KPIs, that support the company’s strategic direction
- Assist CFO in developing Board and Corporate Governance strategy
- Identify areas of risk management and improvement
- Implement operational best practices
- Optimize use of our new ERP (Netsuite by Oracle)
- Ensure that policies, processes, and business practices are compliant and are maintained
- Encourage other employees to adhere to internal procedures and standards
- Work as a business partner and provide finance support with all projects and cost centers managers.
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Equivalent business experience and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience for a successfully-scaled startup, major company or division of a large corporation, or Big Four audit company.
- Recent experience in the biotechnology industry is a plus.
- Prior experience in conducting projects
- English and French fluent
- Excellent computer skills on Microsoft Office
- Excellent knowledge and experience with accounting software/ERP and databases
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Understanding and knowledge of accounting principles, standards
- Demonstrate good inter-personnel and communication skills with other teams
- Ability to identify improvement opportunities
- Ability to travel to the Company HQ in Montpellier