Sensorion is a pioneering clinical-stage biotech company, which specializes in the development of novel therapies to restore, treat and prevent within the field of hearing loss disorders. Its clinical-stage portfolio includes one Phase 2 product: SENS-401 (Arazasetron) for sudden sensorineural hearing loss (SSNHL).
Sensorion has built a unique R&D technology platform to expand its understanding of the pathophysiology and etiology of inner ear related diseases enabling it to select the best targets and modalities for drug candidates.
The Company is also working on the identification of biomarkers to improve diagnosis of these underserved illnesses. Sensorion has launched in the second half of 2019 two preclinical gene therapy programs aiming at correcting hereditary monogenic forms of deafness including Usher Type 1 and deafness caused by a mutation of the gene encoding for Otoferlin.
The Company is uniquely placed through its platforms and pipeline of potential therapeutics to make a lasting positive impact on hundreds of thousands of people with inner ear related disorders; a significant global unmet medical need.
Sensorion is looking for an experienced R&D technician to strengthen its pre-clinical development programs for new therapeutic candidates for gene therapy in human deafness.
This position is full-time (CDI) and is to be quickly filled at the Montpellier site. It offers a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and growing biotechnology company.
Carry out preclinical studies defined in scientific projects and according to established plans
Implementation of new cell models, biochemical tests and molecular biology assays
Perform immunohistochemistry, microscopy and cell imaging analyzes
Participation in the general operation of the laboratory platforms: purchasing, inventory management, health & safety, involvement in the quality assurance system ad continuous improvement
The projects require a good experience of, techniques of analysis of gene expression, principal methods of cell and molecular biology, culture and cell imaging.
Demonstrated abilities in viral vector manipulation or neurology will be an advantage for the position.
Good R&D experience (at least 3 years) with significant experience in industry or in biotechnology companies
Master or engineer in biotechnology / biology / biochemistry / virology
- Mastery of molecular biology techniques (qPCR, RT-qPCR, ELISA, Cloning, Western Blot or other analytical methods) and cell biology (Cell culture and primary cultures, Cell transfection, Cell Infection, Histology, Immunostaining, Cell imaging)
- Rigor and reliability in the quality of the experiments, autonomy, tenacity, motivation
- Notions of GLP and Quality Assurance system, rigorous maintenance of laboratory notebooks
- Excellent French expression desired (written, read and spoken)
- Good written and oral communication in English
- High level of involvement and very good team spirit
- Respectful of confidentiality
- Ability to adapt to rapid changes in situation and planning
- Ability to work effectively within a team and cross projects