Sensorion is a pioneering clinical-stage biotech company, which specializes in the development of novel therapies to restore, treat and prevent within the field of hearing loss disorders. Its clinical-stage portfolio includes one Phase 2 product: SENS-401 (Arazasetron) for sudden sensorineural hearing loss (SSNHL).
Sensorion has built a unique R&D technology platform to expand its understanding of the pathophysiology and etiology of inner ear related diseases enabling it to select the best targets and modalities for drug candidates.
The Company is also working on the identification of biomarkers to improve diagnosis of these underserved illnesses. Sensorion has launched in the second half of 2019 two preclinical gene therapy programs aiming at correcting hereditary monogenic forms of deafness including Usher Type 1 and deafness caused by a mutation of the gene encoding for Otoferlin.
The Company is uniquely placed through its platforms and pipeline of potential therapeutics to make a lasting positive impact on hundreds of thousands of people with inner ear related disorders; a significant global unmet medical need.
The Preclinical Scientist leads the development programs of new therapeutic candidates for gene therapy of human deafness, under the direction of the team Group Leader.
The position is based in Montpellier.
- Design, organize, plan and conduct new or routine studies as defined in the scientific projects and according to the established schedules;
- Analyze, interpret and present the results internally;
- Write reports, protocols, study reports and other project deliverables, contribute to patents and publications;
- Carry out external communications on the R&D projects of his/her team and the company;
- Participate in scientific development by implementing new methods and training other collaborators;
- Carry out a scientific and/or technical watch on the fields concerned;
- Contribute to exchanges and communication within the teams;
- Contribute as an expert to transverse projects and meetings;
- Participate proactively in the smooth running of the laboratory by respecting the rules of operation, organization and health and safety.
- Engineer or PhD in biotechnology/biology/biochemistry/virology;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in preclinical development in a health industry: biotech, pharmaceutical industry, health industry provider, etc;
- Projects require experience in gene therapy, gene expression analysis, cell imaging techniques, cell and molecular biology and ideally in vitro and in vivo experience in neuroscience and/or rare diseases;
- Mastery of molecular biology techniques (qPCR, RT-qPCR, ELISA, Cloning, Western Blot or other analytical methods) and cell biology (Cell Culture, Transfection, Infection, Histology, Immunolabeling, Cellular Imaging); Experience in viral vector production and purification would be a plus;
- Experience in inner ear research and standard techniques to study auditory function, and/or surgery in rodents under aseptic conditions validated by current regulatory training would be a plus;
- Mastery of standard bioinformatics and sequence analysis tools (ImageJ; ApE / SnapGene / Benchling; Prism…);
- Knowledge of GLP and Quality Assurance systems;
- Excellent written and oral expression in French and English.