Sensorion is a pioneering clinical-stage biotech company, which specializes in the development of novel therapies to restore, treat and prevent within the field of hearing loss disorders. Its clinical-stage portfolio includes one Phase 2 product: SENS-401 (Arazasetron) for sudden sensorineural hearing loss (SSNHL).
Sensorion has built a unique R&D technology platform to expand its understanding of the pathophysiology and etiology of inner ear related diseases enabling it to select the best targets and modalities for drug candidates.
The Company is also working on the identification of biomarkers to improve diagnosis of these underserved illnesses. Sensorion has launched in the second half of 2019 two preclinical gene therapy programs aiming at correcting hereditary monogenic forms of deafness including Usher Type 1 and deafness caused by a mutation of the gene encoding for Otoferlin.
The Company is uniquely placed through its platforms and pipeline of potential therapeutics to make a lasting positive impact on hundreds of thousands of people with inner ear related disorders; a significant global unmet medical need.
Technical execution of drug candidate characterization studies using the techniques and rodent models of our R&D platform. Responsible for participating in the implementation and optimization of new animal models and experimental measurement techniques to develop this platform.
You will join the in-vivo studies team of Sensorion’s technological platform specialized in the R&D of targeted and innovative treatments for inner ear pathologies.
- In vivo preclinical studies in rodents (rat, mouse, WT and transgenics): pharmacological studies in deafness models;
- Administration of drug candidates, sample collection and preparation;
- Experimental measurements, data extraction and preliminary analysis;
- Optimization of the experimental tools of the in vivo platform and implementation of new equipment and techniques;
- Participation in the realization of histology and molecular biology analyses;
- Participation in the general operation of the laboratory: purchasing, management, setting up and installation of the platform, hygiene and safety, involvement in the quality assurance system.
- Bac +2/3 in biology/biotechnology/biochemistry/biophysics (Neuroscience, Physiology, Pharmacology, Toxicology);
- Level 2 diploma in animal experimentation required. Authorization for experimental surgery (rodents) and experience in transgenics would be a plus;
- Mastery of experimental techniques on small animals: handling and restraint, administration (injections, gavage), anesthesia, minor surgery, behavioral tests, blood, organ and tissue sampling;
- Practice in experimental audiometry (ABR/DPOAE), startle measurements would be a plus;
- Knowledge in histology or molecular biology would be highly appreciated;
- Knowledge of GLP and QA system, rigorous maintenance of laboratory notebooks
- High level of involvement and very good team spirit;
- Rigor, autonomy, responsiveness and adaptability;
- Notions of GLP and QA system, rigorous keeping of laboratory notebooks;
- Excellent expression in French desired (written, read and spoken);
- Good written and oral communication in English would be a plus.