Sensorion is a pioneering clinical-stage biotech company, which specializes in the development of novel therapies to restore, treat and prevent within the field of hearing loss disorders. Its clinical-stage portfolio includes one Phase 2 product: SENS-401 (Arazasetron) for sudden sensorineural hearing loss (SSNHL).
Sensorion has built a unique R&D technology platform to expand its understanding of the pathophysiology and etiology of inner ear related diseases enabling it to select the best targets and modalities for drug candidates.
The Company is also working on the identification of biomarkers to improve diagnosis of these underserved illnesses. Sensorion has launched in the second half of 2019 two preclinical gene therapy programs aiming at correcting hereditary monogenic forms of deafness including Usher Type 1 and deafness caused by a mutation of the gene encoding for Otoferlin.
The Company is uniquely placed through its platforms and pipeline of potential therapeutics to make a lasting positive impact on hundreds of thousands of people with inner ear related disorders; a significant global unmet medical need.
The Technician Process Development (USP) will join the CMC Gene Therapy Department at Sensorion, specialized in the Analytical and Process development of Gene Therapy products.
The Technician Process Development (USP) will implement and develop processes for AAV production in suspension by transient transfection, under the supervision of the engineer process development, in compliance with quality procedures, health and safety rules, budget and deadlines.
The Technician Process Development (USP) is a permanent position based in Montpellier.
- Design, develop and optimize the upstream manufacturing processes
- Work with production scales/systems such as shake flask, wave system, bioreactor (2L through 50L)
- Exploit Design of Experiments (DoE) to aid efficient process development and application of quality by design
- Work collaboratively with Downstream Process development and Analytical Development teams
- Write SOP’s and document the work in study plans and reports
- Oversee the upstream lab setup on a technical level, become an expert with the use of the new lab-equipment, troubleshoot equipment and methods, and contribute to the maintenance and housekeeping of a safe laboratory working equipment
- Educational background in biology biotechnology
- Upstream process development experience with small scale bioreactors, ideally culturing AAV development
- Industry experience (2-3 years)
- Rigorous, autonomous, motivated, organization skills;
- Ability to work within a team and project group;
- Notion of GLP and QA system.
Position to be filled as soon as possible